Iterative Project Management with the
Dates & Locations
|No open enrollments at this time, please check back.|
Iterative development using the Unified Process provides many competitive benefits: major risks are resolved early in development; requirement changes and new stakeholder requests (inevitable in any project) are accommodated smoothly; skill and resource utilization is maximized; progress and quality are continuously assessed. To obtain these advantages, the Project Manager must overcome many challenges: projects are started with incomplete and changeable requirements, documentation and artifacts evolve throughout the lifecycle; finalized sign-off of one stage does not occur before the next stage begins.
This course presents proven techniques and concepts, balanced with real-world labs and exercises, for planning and managing an iterative project. Project Managers will learn the key skills required to successfully plan and manage iterative projects. Techniques discussed have been developed and successfully applied on actual software projects.
NOTE: If you are a Project Management Professional (PMP)Â® certified by the Project Management Institute (PMI), you can earn Professional Development Units (PDUs) by attending IconATG courses.
- Understand the concepts of the Unified Process and iterative development that impact software project management
- Gain practical experience in planning and tracking, resource management, risk management, and scope management for iterative development using the Unified Process
- Iterative project planning: phase planning, iteration planning and resource management
- Ongoing project management: scope management, and progress and quality assessment
- Communicating progress in an iterative project: setting expectations of customers and stakeholders, and demonstrating that objectives are being met
- Estimating iterative projects
Audience and Certification Details
This course is intended for professionals currently involved in, or soon to be responsible for, managing or coordinating iterative development projects.
Introduction to Rational Unified and/or general Project Management experience.
Please call (636) 530-7776 for more information.