Advanced Disciplined Agile Delivery
Dates & Locations
|No open enrollments at this time, please check back.|
You need to go beyond the small, co-located team strategy that is appropriate for developing relatively straightforward software solutions. You understand how to address that situation, but now you need to deal with more complex and scalable enterprise solutions.
The first day of this workshop is a deep dive into the fundamentals of Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) with an activities-based view of the process framework. On the second day participants explore how to take a goals-driven approach to tailor DAD. Is your team large? Is it geographically distributed? Does it need to conform to regulations? Does it face a complex business problem domain? Workshop participants will work through how to address these scaling factors and more.
Approach: For each major topic in the agenda there will be instruction followed by group work.
Class size: Ideally 10 to 15, although up to 20 if the room allows.
Classroom requirements: For the students a table layout is preferred. Ideally there should be tables of 4-6 people with sufficient space between them so that students can easily move about the room. For the instructor a screen, projector, and writing space (whiteboards or flipcharts).
- Avoid costly agile adoption mistakes by starting with a full delivery lifecycle
- Learn how all aspects of software delivery â€“ architecture, design, testing, programming, leadership, quality assurance, data administration â€“ come together in a cohesive whole
- Discover how to tailor your agile process to reflect the actual situation you find yourself in
- Gain hands-on experience with agile solution delivery techniques
- Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) overview
- How do you address architecture, testing, project management, and other activities in a DAD team.
- Governing DAD teams
- Embracing a goal-driven approach
- Scaling DAD for large teams, geographically distributed teams, regulatory compliance, outsourcing, and complex environments
- Adopting DAD successfully at the personal, team, and organizational levels
Audience and Certification DetailsThis course is designed for:
- Experienced IT professionals wanting to adopt disciplined agile strategies
- Experienced agilists wanting to increase their understanding of DAD
- People who have taken the Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) Experience Workshop and require a refresher
Basic concepts of agile solution delivery.
Call (636) 530-7776 ext 803 for private, on-site presentation