Agile Estimating & Planning
Dates & Locations
|No open enrollments at this time, please check back.|
Agile planning processes balance the effort and investment in planning with the knowledge that the plan will evolve throughout the project. Agile planning and estimating happens at several levels - release planning, iteration planning, and daily planning. This course provides techniques and approaches for project estimation and planning that are consistent with the core principles of agile methods such as Scrum and Extreme Programming (XP). You will learn how to estimate using story points and ideal days, and how to use estimation techniques such as planning poker. You will learn how to plan and schedule an agile project, and how to monitor performance against the plan. You will apply what you learn in a series of activities that take you through the agile estimating and planning process.
Upon completion of this course, students will:
- Understand the differences between the different levels of plans in an agile project
- Estimate with story points and ideal time
- Techniques for team estimating
- Know when and how to re-estimate
- Know when and how to perform release and iteration planning
- Understand how to monitor progress against your plans
Audience and Certification Details
This course is intended for all project team members, customers and stakeholders who are responsible for deriving, approving or understanding the fundamentals of a project estimate or project plan.
- IconATG's "Developing Agile Requirements with User Stories" or a basic understanding of user stories and product backlogs.
- IconATG's "Applying Scrum with User Stories" or attendance at a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) course.
Call (636) 530-7776 to schedule a private, on-site presentation or learn more.